Senior Data Engineer
£55,000 – £72,500 Car Allowance and Bonus
Location: United Kingdom (London – City of London, London) Type: Permanent Skills: ETL, NoSQL
Senior Data Engineer
Salary: £55,000 - £72,500
Anson McCades currently recruiting a Senior Data Engineer for our Global Security Solutions client based in London. Our client has over 89,000 people in more than 40 countries. They develop, engineer, manufacture and support systems and products to protect national security and people, deliver military capability and keep critical information and infrastructure secure. The Senior Data Engineer will join existing project teams working directly with for Central Government customers.
Senior Data Engineer duties will include:
- Identify the required toolset for specific ETL programmes and projects.
- Design ETL frameworks and standards for specific ETL programmes and projects.
- Design and implement the hardware environment required by ETL programmes and projects.
- Develop and test the re-usable components of an ETL framework for specific ETL programmes and projects.
- Undertake the role of lead developer, ensuring the quality and assurance of all ETL code and testing.
- Can undertake the role of delivery lead ensuring that project timescales and quality are met.
- Ensure that the configuration and release management procedures are applied for specific ETL programmes and projects.
- Maintain and apply up to date, specialist knowledge of database concepts (including unstructured, NoSQL and "big data" platforms), object and data modelling techniques.
- Build a detailed knowledge of the full range of database and data persistence architectures, software and facilities available (e.g. streams).
- Take account of industry specific requirements (e.g. geocoding, for geographic information systems).
- Can utilise a number of ETL tools including Informatics, Ab Initio, Oracle ODI and a number of the Big Data / Open Source Applications
- Understand data-related performance issues.
- Understand data services, data security issues, "privacy by design" and Information Assurance principles.
- Understand master data management patterns and can advise on the right choices for each client.
- Define metadata structures and population techniques that can be used with Enterprise Content Management solutions in conjunction with organisational policies.
The ideal Senior Data Engineer will have experience in:
- Understands where the need for tight data controls arises to ensure seamless data flows around the organisation and to minimise future change.
- Designs, develops, tests and supports data collection, data integration and ETL applications to make information and data available to key client stakeholders and technical interfaces.
- Models data requirements, data sources and data flows to bring order and structure to programmes of work.
- Defines how and where data is created, mastered and destroyed to ensure proper control over the lifecycle of corporate data assets.
- Understands how to add value to data - for example through data cleansing.
- Understands categories of products (and individual examples) that can be used to collect, integrate, store, visualise and govern data and metadata.
- Defines metadata to provide search ability and governance (including Records Management) for unstructured data.
In return you will receive:
- Competitive salary
- Hybrid Working
- Permanent employment
If you are interested in applying for the Senior Data Engineer role, simply:
- Click apply, call Peter Donaldson on 02077806706 or email your CV