Location: United Kingdom (London – City of London, London) Type: Permanent Skills: Trade floor support, Cash equities, Application support
Cash Equities Application Support
As a Cash Equities Application support, you will be working within the London Cash Equities Application Management team, and based on the trading floor. The primary responsibility is to ensure the continued availability, effectiveness and accuracy of the strategic sales and trading platforms. You will be working within the problem and incident management framework, be proactive and have excellent communication skills as well as outstanding client facing skills, be able to prioritise issues and escalate where appropriate.
* Providing support for Cash Equities Technology in London, with a particular focus on trading/sales based applications
* Developing specialist knowledge in relevant systems, sharing that knowledge, as required, with global teams.
* Liaising with internal traders, operations, and other stakeholders on potential process improvements.
* Taking ownership of issues through to resolution or escalation, as appropriate.
* Pro-actively improve the quality of systems and service, and increase business value.
* You will undertake projects as required, including, but not restricted to, the following capacity and performance management, monitoring initiatives, infrastructure upgrades,
* Knowledge of web based tools, reporting, documentation, audit and regulatory requests.
* Upholding and champion policies, procedures and standards.
We are currently operating in a hybrid working environment, meaning that many colleagues spend part of their working hours at home and part in the office, depending on the nature of the role they are in. Please discuss the detail of the working pattern options for the role with the hiring manager.
What we're looking for:
* Experience in a business facing application support role in an Investment Bank
* Experience of supporting trading systems, preferably complex Cash Equities trading/risk systems and a Track record of delivering continuous service improvement
* Effective communicator who can demonstrate strong influencing skills
* Exceptional knowledge of supporting applications on Unix platforms
Skills that will help you in the role:
* Experience working with relational databases (DB2, SQL Server and Oracle)
* Exposure to middleware technologies (ex. Tibco RV and Solace) desirable
* In-depth knowledge of the Equities and genuine interest in financial markets
* Scripting (Bash /Perl/Python) skills and experience in automation desirable, but not mandatory, supporting Cash Equities HighTouch function will be an advantage
Where will you be working?
In the heart of Canary Wharf, our headquarters at Churchill Place boasts onsite amenities such as; a gym, staff restaurant and deli bar, and is easily accessible by tube and bus links. With a population of around 5000 staff the atmosphere is second to none with a real buzz being created around the offices within.
Your CV will be sent to the selected department. At no time will your CV be sent outside of Anson McCade without your authorisation.