Digital Modernisation - Senior Vice President
£130,000 – £175,000
Location: United Kingdom (London – London) Type: Permanent
At this consultancy we solve the most complex and critical challenges by moving quickly from analysis to action when it really matters; creating value that has a lasting impact on companies, their people, and the communities they serve. We prize diversity and inclusion, the intellectually curious, the inventive, and the forward-thinking. We invite you to influence the way we work, and define the way we embrace tomorrow.
Our Digital Modernisation team provide independent, senior-level expertise that enables executives to drive value from Technology and as a result to improve business performance. Central to that expertise is the architecture which underpins any successful end-to-end Digital Transformation.
- The depth of our team's experience enables us to exert a rapid and sustainable impact across:
- Digital and Technology strategy development, operating model, capability and governance design.
- Product strategy and innovation, assisting our clients with the strategy and execution of growing the digital capability of their products and services.
- IT cost reduction, IT outsourcing and end to end IT Transformation.
- IT platform/systems/infrastructure review, re-platforming, rationalization and consolidation activities.
- IT due diligence, carve-out, and merger integration planning and execution.
- IT crisis management, interim IT leadership roles, and project turnaround.
What you'll do:
Senior Managers (Senior Vice Presidents in our structure) have high levels of responsibility and accountability in the successful delivery of projects and face off regularly with Board level stakeholders. They work collaboratively across the Digital community to ensure the delivery of all elements of client engagements. They will typically work across a small number of projects at any given time bringing a flexible and adaptable approach.
- Lead or co-lead projects of all sizes, from inception through to completion, with an emphasis on reconciling client requirements and scope with available resources and technology.
- Be responsible for leading and driving infrastructure assessments in the context of IT due diligences, post-acquisition IT assessments and IT strategies.
- Identify cost reduction opportunities through infrastructure optimization (e.g. through datacentre consolidation, cloud adoption or other levers) and associated implementation costs and timelines.
- Build effective infrastructure architecture capabilities within IT organisations covering reference architectures, cost management and governance.
- Contribute to our Digital practice and thought leadership development initiatives, taking ownership for areas of interest that can further develop the practice.
- Lead and/or participate in the development and presentation of proposals for business development activities.
This description is not designed to encompass a comprehensive listing of required activities, duties or responsibilities.
What you'll need:
- Bachelor's degree. MBA or Master's degree preferred.
- Significant experience in a blue-chip or specialised consulting firm is important; line management experience in addition to consulting experience is a plus.
- Demonstrable prior experience in designing and implementing large scale infrastructure transformation programmes.
- Knowledge and experience of public / private and hybrid Cloud solutions (e.g. , DAAS, PAAS, IAAS); Azure infrastructure design and implementation; integrating public cloud into traditional hosting/delivery models.
- Experience of technical environments and functions in large Global firms - Data Centre hosting, Virtualization (server and desktop), Networking, Authentication, AD, Security, Desktop, IT Service Desk etc.
- Knowledge (or experience) of chargebacks, allocations and continual service performance improvements.
- Preferred relevant certifications - e.g. ITIL, AZ-300, AZ-301, MCSE, CCNA, TOGAF etc.
- Excellent communication and presentation capabilities, with knowledge of prevalent tools, methodologies and frameworks.
- Robust fact gathering, analytical and quantitative skills.
- Knowledge of an additional language would be advantageous.
- Willingness to work outside of normal business hours, and in particular as unique projects/needs arise.
- Ability to work full time in an office and remote environment.
- You demonstrate a keen personal interest in disruptive digital technologies and their application.
- You are passionate about driving IT effectiveness and enabling clients to achieve their business objectives.
- Solutions focused, you possess strong commercial acumen coupled with a strategic awareness.
- You are highly motivated to develop your knowledge in a way that can improve the quality of our work.
- Ability to thrive in a fast pace ambitious environment.
- You thrive in business critical and urgent situations.
- You have a highly collaborative approach, and are able to develop consensus from a wide range of colleagues and stakeholders.
- You focus on achieving success in individual and team projects.
- You demonstrate strong attention to detail and produce clear and accurate written outputs.
- You are a positive role model, developing self and others through coaching and informal feedback.
- You are confident when collaborating with Board level clients and stakeholders, with the ability to build relationships, influence and provide advice to key decision maker.
In addition to a positive workplace, the firm offers a comprehensive compensation package including an excellent benefit program (health, vision, dental, disability, tuition reimbursement).