Digital Modernisation - Director
£180,000 – £220,000
Location: United Kingdom (London – London) Type: Permanent
Digital Modernisation - Director
At this consultancy we solve the most complex and critical challenges by moving quickly from analysis to action when it really matters; creating value that has a lasting impact on companies, their people, and the communities they serve. We prize diversity and inclusion, the intellectually curious, the inventive, and the forward-thinking. We invite you to influence the way we work, and define the way we embrace tomorrow.
What you'll do:
Digital Modernisation consultants sit within the overarching Digital team to provide independent, senior-level expertise that enables executives to drive value from Technology and as a result to improve business performance. The depth of our colleagues' experience enables us to exert a rapid and sustainable impact across:
- Digital and Technology strategy development, operating model, capability and governance design.
- Product strategy and innovation, assisting our clients with the strategy and execution of growing the digital capability of their products and services.
- IT cost reduction, IT outsourcing and end to end IT Transformation.
- IT platform/systems/infrastructure review, re-platforming, rationalization and consolidation activities.
- IT due diligence, carve-out, and merger integration planning and execution.
- IT crisis management, interim IT leadership roles, and project turnaround.
- Digital Directors lead and/or co-lead our small, focused teams in delivering projects. They work closely with MDs to ensure the successful delivery of all elements of client engagements and often collaboratively with the Directors across other areas of AlixPartners. They will sometimes work across a small number of projects at any given time bringing a flexible and adaptable approach to the following:
- Lead large and high complexity projects from inception to completion, via small teams in a highly collaborative nature with the client.
- Deliver advanced technical and consulting expertise in the following IT areas:
- Strategy, due diligence, general technology assessments, strategic architecture, operating model, cost modelling and cost reduction, turnaround of large scale "troubled" projects and company separation (carve-out) or integration (merger) projects.
- Deliver memorable results to internal and external clients based on experience, a hands-on approach, and efficiency in driving outcomes.
- Be recognized as a go-to person for specific technical/industry/functional knowledge. Continuously develop individual skills, capabilities, and knowledge.
- Continuously improve and innovate internally and externally. Stay ahead of client, Firm, and market demands. Develop intellectual capital and compelling service offerings. Improve processes, create practical tools and build infrastructure
- Support the recruitment of top performers and inspire others to join the Firm. Invest time in colleagues, provides honest feedback, and shares knowledge.
- Serve as an ambassador of the company brand. Develop business opportunities and build sustainable relationships. Demonstrate a service mentality. Work diligently to anticipate client needs, develop and implement solutions, and exceed expectations
This description is not designed to encompass a comprehensive listing of required activities, duties or responsibilities.
What you'll need:
- Engineering, Information Systems, IT or equivalent degree. MBA or Master's degree preferred, but valid experience in conjunction with a Bachelor's degree - in lieu of a graduate degree - will be considered.
- Extensive experience of working in a blue chip consulting environment.
- In depth technical knowledge and experience in a range of strategic IT issues.
- Experience running major projects and programmes with significant strategic and bottom line impact.
- Proficiency in delivering engagements of all sizes, from inception through to completion.
- Excellent communication and presentation capabilities, with knowledge of presentation tools, including PowerPoint and Visio.
- Knowledge of an additional language would be advantageous.
- Willingness to work outside of normal business hours, and in particular as unique projects/needs arise.
- Ability to work full time in an office and remote environment.
- You are adaptable and proficient with change in a practical environment
- You show a real passion for driving IT effectiveness and enabling clients to achieve their business objectives.
- A highly solution-focused approach coupled with commercial and strategic understanding.
- A strong motivation to discover and learn new develop your knowledge in a way that can improve the quality of our work.
- You are comfortable in delivering expertise in critical and urgent situations, requiring rapid improvement.
- A highly collaborative approach with the ability to develop consensus from a wide range of partners.
- Focussed on achieving success in individual and team projects.
- You possess strong attention to detail, and produce clear and accurate written outputs.
- You act as a positive role model, developing self and others through coaching and informal feedback.
In addition to a positive workplace, the firm offers a comprehensive compensation package including an excellent benefits program.