Location: United Kingdom (London – London) Type: Permanent
Principal Consultant (Master Practitioner) - Digital Advisory
Technology is core to this company's consulting work and they are looking for the right Director-level Technical Architecture Consultant to continue the expansion of their UK team. At this level, you are primarily responsible for using your expertise in modern technology architecture and IT operations to ensure solutions and deliverables are high-quality, functional, effective and of lasting value for their clients. You will also be expected to drive business development, develop complex solutions for customers, and manage resources on enterprise projects/programs around digital transformation.
Every choice you make will give you the opportunity to grow - with plenty of coaching and personal development opportunities in the mix. For them, training doesn't have an off switch. You'll learn new things, both during and beyond traditional working hours. They want people who strive for the next level, then the next.
Their firm is large enough to scale up, test your mettle and tackle big challenges, but small enough that clients won't lose your face in a crowd. You're recognized individually.
We know expectations are made to be broken. Experiment and stretch yourself. There's room to grow as a budding entrepreneur.
Exciting work you will do:
* Foster a high-quality human experience for our team through effective coaching, mentoring, development of career paths, and modelling superior management and leadership skills.
* Continue to build the team's amazing capabilities through development and management of training plans, hands on skill development, paired project work and project reviews.
* Show a bias to action through high quality work delivered on time and on budget to our clients.
* Creatively collaborate with our client account teams to grow existing and build new client relationships with some of the most exciting brands in the world
* Shape the future by being part of the Technology leadership team.
* Advance the firm's technology capabilities, offerings and consultant skills
* Partner with the firms marketing team to drive recognition of our offerings and capabilities with clients and analysts
* Be a thought leader and subject matter expert that advances industry thinking and understanding about how to leverage advanced technologies to drive business value
* Drive the CIO's technology transformation agenda to modernize technology to enable enterprise level digital transformation initiatives
* Be a partner to digital business and IT leaders to develop technology strategies, financial investment plans and implementation roadmaps
* Be part of the global thought leadership team on agile, digital transformation, cloud technology and software engineering
What you will need:
* Experience with multiple disciplines consulting with the CIO and senior IT leaders on technology strategy, service operations, I&O, portfolio strategy, cost optimization and organization design
* 10+ years of experience in management consulting, working with customers on transformation initiatives
* Knowledge and experience in assisting clients develop design principles and plan the implementation of modern technology architecture in a complex client environment involving hybrid cloud technology strategies and solutions
* Experience with the design, development and deployment of enterprise mission critical systems in either AWS, GCP or Azure cloud platforms. AWS experience highly preferred.
* Knowledge and experience in using industry business capability models and such as BIAN, ACORD, and APQC PCF's to classify and assess enabling technologies
* Knowledge and experience using enterprise architecture standards and methods (TOGAF, FEAF, DODAF, Zachman, etc.) to document solution reference architectures
* Knowledge and experience modernizing legacy systems or monoliths through a combination of problem domain modelling and modern service architecture products, technologies and microservices design practices
* Experience driving and delivering architectural change in medium to large enterprises
* Strong familiarity with end-to-end software including backend data layer, application layer, web layer, interface layer, reporting layer, etc.
* Experience evaluating complex solution technology stacks to modernize and simplify technology while reducing complexity and cost of ownership
* Understanding of modern solution development and testing approaches that focus on continuous integration / continuous delivery and container-based solution design, development and deployment
* An agile skill set that allows you to function in agile teams and coach clients and teammates new to agile delivery models
* Strong presentation skills in presenting complex topics to large audiences and C-Level executives
* Proven background with crafting proposal strategies and acting as the primary technology subject matter expert in successful sales pursuits.
* Experience consulting internal or external customers on technology solutions and process to solve business challenges or to meet opportunities
Your CV will be sent to the selected department. At no time will your CV be sent outside of Anson McCade without your authorisation.