Location: United Kingdom (London – London) Type: Permanent
Project Manager - Hybrid working
Must be eligible for SC Clearance
My client is the leading cyber-security solution provider in the UK and they are currently in the process of searching for a Project Manager to join their Government business unit. The successful candidate will be joining one of the biggest consultancies in the world helping to mobilise, plan and lead projects for internal and external customers. You will work with a range of clients in areas relating to UK National Security, Global National Security, defence and central government. As a member of the Government business unit, you will defend the connected world and ensure the protection of nations. We all have a role to play in defending our clients, and this is yours.
The ideal Project Manager will be doing
* Mobilising and maintaining resources throughout the entirety of the project
* Build and maintain relationships with key stakeholders and peers while providing strong leadership to the project team
* Shaping and Planning projects in regards to governance and schedule
* Ensure that effective internal delivery governance and standard reporting processes are adhered to
* Close down the project at the end of an engagement e.g. performance reviews, project lessons, and project improvements
* Continually refine and enhance the project schedule, resources, estimates and costs to complete and the execution against an agreed schedule and cost baseline.
* Support to the sales and account management team in renewals, extensions and business development cross-selling opportunities.
The ideal Project Manager needs
* Define, document and execute small projects or work-packages within a larger project, e.g. less than six months, with a small team, limited budget, no inter-dependency with other projects, and no significant strategic impact.
* Identify, assess and manage risks to the success of the project and take appropriate action.
* Prepare realistic project and quality plans and track activities against the plans, providing regular and accurate reports to senior project managers and stakeholders as appropriate.
* Monitor costs, timescales and resources used, and take action where these deviate from agreed budget or agreed task contingency within their work-stream or project area.
* Ensure that own projects are formally closed and, where appropriate, subsequently reviewed, and that lessons learned are recorded.
* Provide effective leadership to the delivery team and suppliers, and takes appropriate action where team performance deviates from agreed tolerances.
Benefits for the ideal Project Manager
* £5,000 car allowance
* 10%-15% bonus
* Great career progression
Your CV will be sent to the selected department. At no time will your CV be sent outside of Anson McCade without your authorisation.