Location: United Kingdom (West Yorkshire – Leeds, West Yorkshire) Type: Permanent
Role: Data Consultant
Salary: £65-80,000 + package
At this company, they put people first here and pride themselves on not only hiring the best people but fostering an environment that allows people to flourish and succeed. Their People team there are key to enabling this and do it in one of the most exciting technology consulting firms in the country. If you'd like to be part of this then we'd like to speak to you!
Here's what you will do;
Our Data Consultants identify, design and implement the tools clients need to unlock their data and deliver value. Combining delivery best practices with the latest technologies, we help solve complex business challenges. Typically, our technical data work contains significant elements of defining, designing and building data architectures, security solutions and data platforms as well as more user-facing data analysis and visualisation.
For our technical consultants, we expect a significant level of hands-on experience with data-related technologies and a desire to maintain a balance between technical and business skills as they grow their careers within the firm.
Data Visualisation and Reporting
* Deploy and use various data visualisation, reporting and dashboard technologies to analyse and visualise their data, allowing it to be easily combined, manipulated, and presented with minimum overhead;
* Apply visualisation best practices for different types and sizes of data sources as well as leading teams to implement MI / insight services.
Data Analysis and Data Engineering
* Derive actionable insights from enterprise data sources and provide interpretable recommendations in a consolidated form;
* Technically assess, query and operationally manage a variety of data storage, processing and analysis technologies and platforms in use within enterprises;
* Use well-known computational analysis and predictive modelling techniques where applicable;
Data Governance, Quality & Management
* Define the organisation's approach to Governance, Quality & Management to address issues like poor data quality, lack of access control and lack of usability and understandability of data assets, as well as regulatory compliance issues like GDPR
* Assess organisational maturity in Data Governance, Quality & Management using leading frameworks such as DCAM, DAMA and Gartner assessment models
* Deliver Data Governance, Quality & Management programmes to implement operating models, processes and behaviours, as well as provide specialist advice on how to execute Data Quality programmes and institute effective governance
Data Project Management
* Be aware of the availability of and use cases for a wide variety of products within the data ecosystem and their potential applicability to clients;
* Lead cross-functional teams applying agile and waterfall methodologies to plan and deliver a wide range of data-focused projects;
* Map existing data sources, design high-level data workflows and identify likely optimisation challenges
* Advise clients on potential solutions for their data storage and processing challenges;
* Deploy and manage on-premise or cloud-based data products and platforms;
* Explain the principles of infrastructure as code, and use of automation technologies for scaling cloud infrastructure on demand;
* Implement scalable solution infrastructure by applying DevOps, automation and continuous integration approaches
* Explain the market of data-related cloud platforms and services, and applicability for organisational data challenges;
* Define, architect and deploy best-practice data-related technologies within cloud platforms using best-practice automation tools;
* Assess and constructively provide suggestions for improvement to existing IT infrastructure and cloud data architectures
Our Data Consultants also:
* Work with the Technical Pillar to develop the maturity of our data knowledge and collateral, supporting pre-sales and QA of technical engagements;
* Act in their best interests and demonstrate the company's values of Integrity, Intelligence, Personal Touch, Independence, Tenacity and Pragmatism
Technical knowledge and experience
* Data Visualisation and Reporting, Data Analysis and Data Engineering, Data Governance, Quality & Management, Data Project Management, Platform Engineering, Cloud Architecture
* Knowledge of a wide variety of data-related technologies and products and their applicability to various use cases, enterprises and sectors;
* Hands-on experience with infrastructure and configuration automation technologies, DevOps technologies and their integration with data platforms and products;
* Hands-on experience across a range of data related tools & technologies such as SQL, VBA, Python, R, Scala, Java, Hadoop, Hive, Spark, Tableau, QlikView, Spotfire and PowerBI;
* Good understanding of data modelling, security and governance applicable for all scales of Data Environments;
* Cloud based infrastructures (AWS, Azure, Google) and related architecture patterns
Consulting knowledge and experiences
* Prior experience of delivering complex engagements either as a technical leader or a senior technical member of a team;
* Experience of full delivery life cycle coupled with the ability to deliver significant impact, quickly;
* Fluency in an additional European language
A highly collaborative working environment and great rates of pay (including base salary and bonus potential).
* A range of flexible benefits consisting of well-being and lifestyle benefits.
* 25 days' holiday and the ability to flex this to 30 days if you chose to do so.
* 2 day's CSR volunteering days.
Your CV will be sent to the selected department. At no time will your CV be sent outside of Anson McCade without your authorisation.