Automation Test Engineer
£40,000 – £65,000 Plus Package
Location: United Kingdom (Gloucestershire – Cheltenham, Gloucestershire) Type: Permanent Skills: Test Engineer, Automation, defect tracking, automation libraries, selenium webdriver
Our Award winning client currently is recruiting for Automation Test Engineers to join their growing National Security Intelligence business unit. As a Test Engineer will be helping to develop and deliver next generation technology intelligence solutions for a wide range of clients such as law enforcement agencies, telecommunications companies and compliance agencies.
Minimum Test Engineer requirements:
- Create and maintain reusable test data for automation scripts.
- Responsible for defect tracking, communication, and resolution.
- Maintain and optimise existing test automation frameworks whilst developing effective, and reusable ones.
- Develop new automation libraries adhering to software development standards.
- Continuously improve and learn by trying new test automation tools, processes, or methodologies.
- Implement efficient monitoring and analysis of automated test results.
- Provide scheduled progress reports to management.
- Integrate tests into the make/build process for continuous integration efficiency gains using frameworks such as Jenkins.
- Ensure that automation scripts function well across all supported browsers and platforms.
- Perform manual testing of test cases as and when needed.
- Ensure test automation design is traceable to requirements or existing manual test cases and achieves a high level of requirement/test execution coverage.
- Identify and implement continual improvement initiatives to help clients improve overall quality.
- Willingness to execute both manual and automated tests as needed in addition to development responsibilities.
- Proven ability to manage and prioritise multiple, diverse projects simultaneously.
- Independence, flexibility, and self-motivation with strong communication skills.
- Collaboration with QA teams to ensure proper testing coverage and automation priorities.
- Communicating test results and highlighting any potential quality risks.
Test Engineer Preferred Skills:
- B.S. in Computer Science or related area, or relevant work experience.
- 3 - 5 years of experience with QA automation development and testing in web (including front-end, service layer, and back-end), desktop and mobile.
- Hands-on experience with Selenium WebDriver and other test automation framework.
- Demonstrated programming skills in Python, Java, or related languages, such as C#, Unix Shell Scripts, etc.
- Experience of varied OE - Windows, Redhat, Linux
- Exposure to Cloud and virtualisation technologies; AWS, Azure, VMWare
- Hands-on experience with Jenkins, GIT/SVN and manual functional testing.
- Experience in automation build processes, application deployments and continuous integration systems.
- Experience with all phases of software testing including test planning, functional testing, and regression testing.
- Strong knowledge of the following is essential: automated test methodologies, QA methodologies and best practices, multiple software development methodologies, and Agile.
- Expertise in defect tracking tools such as Atlassian JIRA, ALM.
- Product testing experience is a plus.
- Experience with database development concepts, especially Microsoft SQL Server.
Test Engineer Package:
- £40,000 - £65,000 (experience dependant)
- Flex Fund
- Flexible and competitive benefits package which include private medical and dental insurance, a competitive pension scheme, cycle to work scheme, taste cards and more
- Dedicated career manager to ensure growth opportunities through industry leading guidance
Only those with the permanent and unrestricted right to live and work in the UK will be considered for this position. Due to the nature of our work, successful candidates for this role will be required to go through Government DV clearance. As such Candidates who require sponsorship and are not sole British Citizens cannot be considered
If you are a Test Engineer ready for this unbelievable opportunity to work within one of the best companies in the UK apply now.