£30,000 – £50,000
Location: United Kingdom (Glasgow – Glasgow) Type: Permanent Skills: SOC Analyst (Security Operations/Security Analyst/SIEM)
SOC Analyst (Security Operations/Security Analyst/SIEM)
Salary £30,000 - £50,000 Location - Erskine Type - Permanent
Calling all SOC Analysts! One of the UK's biggest provider of Threat Vulnerability and Cyber Security Intelligence is seeking SOC Analysts with the necessary skillsets to bolster and protect the nation's highest-flying National Security projects across all sectors. As a global provider of mission critical and next generation digital security solutions, you will serve as the first line of defence against domestic and foreign threats, utilising your tech stack and understanding of the threat intelligence network.
What you will do as an SOC Analyst -
- The Analyst is responsible for the first line of security incident response in the client SIEM environment. The core responsibilities include the monitoring of client SIEM alerts in real-time, researching threat information, and escalating legitimate security incidents to the client.
- Perform daily operational 'eyes on glass' real-time monitoring and analysis of security events from multiple sources including but not limited to events from Security Information Monitoring tools, network and host-based intrusion detection systems, firewall logs, system logs (Unix & Windows), mainframes, midrange, applications, and databases.
- Interacts with customers to understand their security needs; assists in the development and implementation of procedures to accommodate them.
- Writes security status reports to provide system status, report potential and actual security violations and provide procedural recommendations.
- Carrying out threat research and adding IOCs/IOAs into our threat tooling.
- You will work on a 24x7 shift pattern - 4 shifts on, 5 shifts off etc.
Essential Requirements of an SOC Analyst -
- Basic programming/coding/scripting skills.
- Working with a range of security SIEM tooling/technology e.g. IBM, QRADAR or Arc Sight.
- Understanding of threat intelligence and threat actors, TTPs and operationalising threat intelligence.
- Security process development.
- Team player and adept at working in multi-disciplinary and diverse teams.
Salary and Benefits of a SOC Analyst -
- £30,000 - £50,000
- Competitive Pension Scheme
- Life Insurance
- Health insurance
- Travel insurance
- 25 days holiday and options to increase holiday
- Store vouchers/discounts
If you would like to have an impact on one of the nation's dedicated Security Operations Centres, where maintaining National Security and Public Safety are of the highest priority, I invite you to apply within.
Advert Reference: AMC/PBO/SOCER