£70,000 – £90,000 Medical, Pension
Location: United Kingdom (London – London) Type: Permanent
Job Title: Python Developer
My Client, a leading multinational information technology services and consulting company are looking for a Python Developer to work within a public sector project.
The Python Developers will be part of the delivery team contributing to the maintenance and improvement of a key data platform for the end client. This is a full stack hands on role. The role requires skills commensurate with SFIA Level 4 as a minimum and ideally SFIA Level 5.
*This role requires eligibility for SC clearance, and therefore candidates will need to have been a UK resident for a minimum of 5 years. *
Programming/software development: Level 4 (Senior Associate)
- Designs, codes, verifies, tests, documents, amends and refactors complex programs/scripts and integration software services.
- Contributes to the selection of the software development methods, tools and techniques.
- Applies agreed standards and tools to achieve well-engineered outcomes.
- Participates in reviews of own work and leads reviews of colleagues' work.
Programming/software development: Level 5 (Manager)
- Takes technical responsibility across all stages and iterations of software development.
- Plans and drives software construction activities. Adopts and adapts appropriate software development methods, tools and techniques.
- Measures and monitors applications of project/team standards for software construction, including software security.
- Contributes to the development of organisational policies, standards, and guidelines for software development.
Skills and Experience
As a Python Software Developer, you will be designing and developing software that lies between the front-end composer (GUI) and the back-end tools. You'll work collaboratively with your Agile team to deliver into the complex ecosystem, tackling varied technical challenges within a fast paced and stimulating environment.
As a Python Engineer, you will have:
- Experience writing production grade Python applications
- Awareness of a range of languages and paradigms.
- Experience with high scale applications such as APIs dealing with large request volumes, or data processing pipelines
- Experience with Docker/containerisation and cloud infrastructure
- Ownership of software from idea inception to production.
- Experience working with tooling for testing, build and deployment pipelines (setting it up is a plus).
- Working understanding of logging, monitoring and alerting tooling (setting it up is a plus).
- Good communication and written skills including experience producing technical documentation.
- Familiar with Agile ways of working
- Python programming
- Linux / Ubuntu
- ReactJS, JS, CSS
If this is of interest, please apply below.